Have you made your bucket list of things you want to do when we can venture out more? I have been thinking about that and this is my list, in no particular order:’
- Live music – this can be listening to live music in a bar, a concert, a music festival. Give me some live music. I love it.
- Visit my folks and other elderly family – my dad has been cooped up and has a bad case of cabin fever even though he’s in his 80’s. I need to see him. I tried twice, but each time cancelled the trip due to surges in the pandemic or the time I was directly exposed. I have some aunts and cousins I want to see also. I miss them and the phone doesn’t quite cut it.
- Travel, travel, travel – I have a long list of places I want to see. Italy, Alaska, the Pacific Coast Highway. The list is long and time is short. Two impediments to my travel bug: money and a companion. More to come on this one.
- Festivals – I love a festival. Food, art, farmers market, music. I am there!
- MeetUp groups – I tried MeetUp before the pandemic and it was great. During Covid, I went to two events and just didn’t feel comfortable. Keep in mind, I have gone to my office all during the pandemic, so in my mind, that is enough risk for me. I just didn’t feel right going to a dinner party with 8 women I don’t know and we aren’t wearing masks. I tried it twice and nope, not gonna happen again. I am looking forward to getting back out on some MeetUps.
- Gym and exercise classes – I am about to sign up for golf lessons, but I like Pilates, kickboxing and HIIT stuff. Now don’t think I am some buff beauty. No, I am the one in the back of the class huffing and puffing out of sync with everyone. However, I do better in classes, but I need to feel comfortable and safe.
I am sure I have more to add to the list, but that’s a start. How about you? Have you started thinking about your post-pandemic bucket list?